It feels like there are a million things to think about when you are responsible for event management. This list contains the items that I have found are needed for most corporate events. Of course, good planning is essential, but always be prepared to expect the unexpected!
- receive initial instruction from client that event is required
- meet to discuss requirements
- agree a venue
- agree agenda
- agree a budget
- draft initial proposal and send to client for approval.
- keep an up-to-date database for client
- send to client for updating before the event
- use for name badges
- bring final version to the event for reference.
- get designed (check branding guidelines)
- get approval from client
- decide whether to email, post or both
- select guests from approved guest list
- send to printer if required
- give key notes speakers / VIPs plenty of notice.
- agree what type is required e.g. lunch, finger buffet, tea and cake
- find and instruct caterer
- order cutlery, glassware, table cloths
- cater for vegetarian and vegan if required
- visit the venue to check logistics.
- audio visual requirements
- furniture, marquee, umbrellas
- disabled access
- health and safety.
Press pack and media
- ensure media receive an invitation and agenda
- instruct and brief photographer
- write and approve pre-launch press release
- insert into press pack: press release, CD of images, relevant business cards, agenda, brochure and other information.
- decide if a presentation to VIPs is needed e.g. flowers
- order corporate merchandise (ensure sufficient lead time).
Click here to download this free Launch event checklist – essential for anyone planning a corporate event.